Sunday, July 3, 2011

July 3

This July 4 is very special.  I'm getting to spend it with my husband's family.  I'm really excited to see Grayson play with his cousins.  I'm pretty excited about seeing his cousins too!!

This 4th is sad because it's another holiday we celebrate without Gabe, BUT it is one more holiday closer to seeing him!  I've decided to start looking at everything in a very positive way.  I think that's the only way we are going to  survive Gabe not being here.  Plus, I think it helps him not feel so bad about missing so much. 

I have always loved the 4th.  The fireworks, food and getting to spend time with family and friends.  I wonder if Grayson will stay awake tonight and watch the fireworks.  Last year we spent the 4th in North Pole and didn't get to see any fireworks because there was no darkness!! 

I have to say I really am enjoying the darkness down here.  Grayson and I both are sleeping better.  I know it will be getting dark at night now in Alaska when we get back but it will also be getting cooler and pretty soon winter will be here.  Strange as it sounds, I think winter is the second prettiest time of year up there.  Fall is my favorite.  The snow covers all the junk and makes everything look pretty.  Grayosn and I went for a dog sled ride last year and we might take another one this year!

Back to the 4th.  I am happy to live in the United States where I have the freedom to write this blog.  I'm also happy to hear different opinions than my own.  That's one thing I love about this country.  I'll tell you more tomorrow.

If you are celebrating tonight, please do it responsibly!  And yes, I am a Mom now so I've started telling people to be safe and responsible when they party.  I hope everyone has a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments :)