Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Leave

Can I just say this Christmas is probably going to be one of the bests if not the best Christmas I have ever had?   True our family is not here but Gabe is!  His leave wasn't supossed to be until February but it got changed again; this time for the better!!!  I thought my Mom was coming up here after Christmas but she was just playing along with Gabe   Those two started scheming and let me believe she was coming up here when it was really Gabe.  I do have to say my husband is really amazing.  What a great Christmas present!


He sent me a bouquet of flowers and a card telling me he was on his way home.  We love Mad Gab so he wrote the note in that style and I had to figure it out. 


Then I didn't get to talk to him for a few days so I wasn't really sure what was going on.  When I did get to talk to him he told me what was going on and I started smiling and I haven't stopped.  He got in late Saturday night.


We were told it would take a couple of days for Grayson to warm up to him but thank goodness it didn't.  After about 5 minutes of seeing Gabe and us doing some family hugs, Grayson decided he wanted his Dad to hold him.  He didn't really smile that big adorable smile of his but you could tell he was happy to see his Daddy.  I was holding him while Gabe went to the bathroom and Grayson started pointing toward it and calling Daddy.  Those two have a special bond.  I'm getting left out right now!  I wouldn't have any other way though.


The next two weeks are going to be amazing. 








Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from my family up here in the North Pole!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments :)