Sunday, April 8, 2012

Homecoming!

As I sit here looking at Grayson I realize how lucky I am.  Gabe is HOME!!!  He's been home for a little over a week now and I am just now ready to write about it.  It was such a special event.  I've been through one before but this one felt different.  Maybe because of Grayson.

After being told different dates multiple times he finally arrived on a Thursday night.  I do know I have never felt that much excitement in one room.  You could actually hear a crackle in the air.  It was incredible!!  I kind of want to go to another one just to see it as an onlooker.  When we heard the buses were here my heart started pounding.  When we heard the doors go up and saw them walking I think I blocked everyone else out and just started looking for Gabe.  Then I saw him and the butterflies started.  I don't know if I ever loved him as much as I loved him then.  In that one moment my life was complete again.  I had my husband back.  Grayson has his Dad back.  It was awesome.  As awesome as it was I don't want to have to do it again.

That's one reason I haven't written about it yet.  I have just begun to realize he is here to stay.  He doesn't have to go back after two weeks.  The readjustment period is a little difficult.  The first time Grayson called for his Daddy instead of me I have to say I was a little jealous.  I have been Grayson's only one for a year and now I have to relinquish control.  It's HARD!  I'm glad to do it but at the same time I'm a little sad.  Grayson remembered his Daddy.  He smiled and went right to him.  They have been having a ball with each other.  It makes my heart swell with love for the two guys in my life.  How did I get so lucky?

I love my family!  Thank you to all of you who helped me get through this deployment.  The prayers and the shoulders to cry on and the ears to listen to me vent.  I hope you all know you mean a lot to me.







It looks like Grayson is saying Yes!!!


Hope you all are having a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:

Thank you for the comments :)