Monday, May 21, 2012

Mother's Day Cookout!

Mother's Day this year was great!  Last year I spent it out to Brunch with two of my good friends.  We had a good time but this year I was really glad to have the hubby back.  I'm a little selfish.  I knew he would take care of Grayson and let me sleep in, which he did!  Can I say I have the greatest husband ever??

Let me start off by saying Gabe and I rarely get each other gifts.  We buy one big gift for Christmas every year but for all other occasions we like to make a gift or do something for the other person.  this Mother's Day was no exception.

Gabe let me sleep in until 10!  Do you know how long it's been since I've gotten to sleep in?  Almost two years ago!  It was INCREDIBLE!  I forgot how much I love to sleep.  I'll have to return the favor on Father's Day.   I even got to take a long, uninterrupted shower.  Those have been few and far in between since Grayson came along.   After I showered, did my hair and makeup and got dressed, we left for Chena Lakes.   If you live near North Pole I would suggest taking a day trip here.  It's a nice little recreation area. 

The lake looks so much bigger with Grayson standing in front of it.
When we left our house it was warm outside so I wore a long sleeve shirt with a short sleeve I could wear if I got hot and shorts.  By the time we got to Chena Lakes it was cold, cloudy and windy.  I was freezing!  Gabe had to build a fire so I could get warm.  Thank goodness we had extra clothes in the car for Grayson and three fleeces for Gabe.  For some reason I had taken out all my winter clothes except one sweatshirt.  I could not get warm so I took one of Gabe's fleeces and put my legs through the arms and zipped it up.  Then I had to use a paper clamp to keep it from falling down.  Let's just say I looked really silly but I was WARM!  That's all that mattered.


 The sun came out for just a little bit but it was still cold!  At least it wasn't snowing!

 See my wonderful fire the hubby built for me!  I had a really great Mother's Day.  I'm one lucky gal!


 Blackberry face!



Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments :)