Thursday, December 17, 2009

Driving

I'm getting better at driving.  Almost every morning there is new snow and ice covering the roads that were clear yesterday.  Drive slow and stop early is the way to go.  I've only slid a few times because I waited too late to put on my breaks.  That is not a good feeling.  The first time I couldn't stop, I started crying.  I was so scared.  Thank goodness no one was driving on the other road.  I also got scared when I saw a car driving in the grocery store parking lot that said STUDENT DRIVER!!  What's sad is that student driver can probably drive better than me.  I started laughing when I thought of that.  I mean that student has probably been driving on these roads a lot longer than I have. 

I drive in the dark for most of the time because we are now down to less than four hours of sunshine a day.
:(  Very sad.  After the 21st, we start gaining minutes of sunshine :)  That makes me happy!!  This morning I did my errands and returned to the hotel before 10 a.m. and it was still dark outside.  I have a brightly colored purse and turn on all the lights to help me brighten up the day.  I'm starting to get adjusted to it.

Snow has been falling for the past three days.  Not a heavy snow but it has been nonstop.  I promise once I get a better internet connection I will put pictures on here so everyone can see what it looks like.  I've got to go play in the sun now.  I hope you have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments :)