Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Snow?? Tomorrow??

Chance of SNOW tomorrow!!   I am not ready for this at all.  This means Grayson and I can't go outside all that often. I don't want him to get that cold.

Since we can't go outside as often I will have to start being crafty.  My first indide thing to do was to use all my green tomatoes and make a salsa.  It turned out ok.  Gabe and I would like it better if it was spicier!!  We love SPICE!  I didn't use enough jalapenos. I will give you the recipe.

Green Tomato Salsa

3 Large Poblanos
4 Meduim Onions
4 Yellow chilies
51/2 cups green tomatoes
2 cups heaping tomatilloes
3 jalapenos
7 garlic cloves
3 TBSP tomato paste
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup line juice
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp dride oregano
1 tsp cracked pepper
1 TBSP sugar
1 cup chopped cilantro

I chopped the first 7 ingredients into small pieces using my food processor.  I combined all the ingredients except the cilantro in a medium stockpot.  Using medium heat, bring to a boil.  Cook for 20 minutes.  Stir in chopped cilantro.  Ladle into sterile jars and process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.  You should here the lids pop.  This means they are sealed and ready to go into the pantry.  This recipe gave me 8 pints.  The leftover I put in a jar in the fridge. 

 Gabe built me a raised bed.  He is very anal about it being level!


I wish you could see how small this corn really was.


Our biggest zucchinis!!!



My poor corn never got much bigger!!





The last day we got pick any veggies because the FROST came a few days later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments :)