Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 in review

Before I can talk about the new year I have to reflect on last year.  2010 was an amazing journey, until December 26th.  I became a mother in June and said good by to a dear friend in December.  Let's start with becoming a mother.

Grayson has been the most wonderful blessing I have ever received.  He is amazing.  I have learned how stubborn I really am and how much I enjoy six hours of uninterrupted sleep. I found out how strong I can be and how selfish I am when it comes to spending time with my family.  I have learned how to change a diaper in my lap and how much I crave Grayson smiles.  The responsibility of being a mother is astonishing.   I never knew how hard or how important it would be.  Sometimes I just stare at him and cry because I love him so much.  My heart feels like it is going to explode because their is so much love in it for my whole family (dog and husband included).  I cannot wait to see him grow this year.  This journey keeps getting better and better.

Notice I said dog and husband.  December 26th Buster was run over.  We were sledding and he ran out in the road and before we could call him back he was hit by a car.  We are pretty sure the person was drunk or high because they kept on driving with their Bumper hanging off and sparks flying.  They never hit the breaks or swerved to try and keep from hitting him.  I honestly felt and still feel like I lost a family member.  He was Gabe's dog but my protector.  Now that he isn't here I sit up at night and here every sound waiting on him to start barking.  Every day gets better but there is a hole in my family.  Buddy is sad too.  He walks around the house looking for him. I never really understood how much you could love a dog until I lost Buster.  He will never be replaced.  I love you Buster.

Tomorrow I will talk about the new year and the changes I will be making.  I don't want to call them resolutions because I don't think I will keep them if that's what they are. 

Hope y'all have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments :)