Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Good day!

It's amazing what a good night's sleep can do for a person.  I went to bed at 11:00 and only got up once with Grayson!  I woke up for good at 7 and actually got some work done, even if I was still in bed.  It felt great.  I slept in my bed cuddled with Buddy listening to the fire crackle in the wood stove.  It was awesome!  the little things mean a lot to me nowadays. 

I'm trying to get Grayson on a pretty regular schedule so the days when Gabe is not here, we will be alright.  Yes.  I have made the decision to stay in Alaska.  I know it's going to be hard but this is my home now.  This is where Grayson was born.  I am happy with my decision and I know it is the right one. 

I do believe I will have to adopt a big dog sometime soon so I won't be so scared walking through the woods up here.  Buster was the best walking/running partner.  Buddy just can't go outside and walk more than a few minutes when its below zero, he is just too old.  We did walk on the treadmill today and he decided ten minutes was enough.  He got off and went and sat by the fridge begging for a treat.  buddy is starting to get fat again but when he gives me the sad, please feed me eyes I give in and give him a treat.  I can't wait til it warms up so we all can go for walks.

The cold doesn't really bother me this year.  What does though is the no daylight.  Unless you experience it you have no idea how hard it is to get out of bed and get going in the morning.  When I got up today at 7 there was no sun and it didn't come up for almost two hours.  It is 3:19 right now and I can see red and orange on the horizon.  I know the sun is setting and I'm a little sad.  I do know though we are gaining daylight every day! YAY!  Happy Dance!

I'm really excited to register for sign language classes and swim classes with Grayson.  Gabe even gets to go to the swim classes with us.  It's going to be fun. However, I am not looking forward to be in a bathing suit.  I haven't seen the sun in a year and a half and I  know I am going to blind people with my whiteness!  Maybe I will start get a spray on before classes start.

I did upload pictures on my computer but haven't reduced the size of them.  That will happen tomorrow. 

Hope you all are having a wonderful week!  More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments :)