Saturday, January 30, 2010

No dog sledding!! :(

I couldn't go dog sledding because I'm pregnant, but it would not have mattered anyway. The dogs were gone by the time we got there because there weren't enough people there. We did get to see some sled dogs at the dog park. Those dogs are fast. Poor Buster couldn't keep up with them. Most of the dogs here are some sort of husky mix. They are so cool. Really wish we could have another big dog to play with Buster.

Tonight I am going to watch the local RollerDerby Girls. I would love to be brave enough to be one, but I like my teeth too much!! They are playing a team from British Columbia. It should be fun!!

For the past few days it has been ABOVE 0!!!! It is so nice. My recess duty is not bad now. I can even take Buster to the dog park and stay an hour without dying. I've seen more people out and about too. I really hope it stays warm and doesn't go below 0. I doubt I'm that lucky.

Can't wait until spring!! Hope you have a good weekend and week!!

1 comment:

  1. It is so weird to me to read, "i hope it stays warm" and you are referring to weather above 0! It is in the 40's here today, and I'm chilled. I hope it gets back to a warm mid to upper 60's.

    I'm glad you are adapting to Alaska. I really enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments :)